Please read the following safety rules before using your candle

On first use ensure that the candle is burnt for 2-3 hours to establish a wax pool.  This will help establish a wax pool that reaches the edge of the container and will prevent tunneling.   

Ensure the candle holder is placed on a stable, heat resistant surface  
This helps prevent heat damage to underlying surfaces and prevent glass containers from breaking. You can use the lid of the candle for this purpose, but care should be taken to check a lit candle regularly.

Trim wick to 0.5cm before each use.  Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping and/or tunneling. Always ensure that the wick is trimmed prior to use.

Keep the wax pool free of debris.  Ensure that the wax pool is free from trimmings, matches and debris at all times.

Never leave a lit candle unattended. Always keep a lit candle within sight. Ensure that all candles are extinguished when leaving a room or before going to sleep. Take care to ensure that the wick ember is no longer glowing. We recommend using a candle snuffer to extinguish a lit candle as this prevents hot wax from splattering.

Never burn a candle on or near anything that could catch fire.  Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations etc.  

Ensure that burning candles are kept away from drafts.  Drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents can cause rapid and uneven burning and can cause nearby, lightweight items to be blown into the flame where they could ignite. Keeping your candle away from drafts will also help prevent flame-flare-ups and sooting.  

Always burn candles in a well ventilated room . Do not burn too many candles in a small room or in an environment where air exchange is limited.

Keep burning candles away from children and pets

Never touch a burning candle or container when the wax is liquid.

Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass container. It might scratch, weaken or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.   

Never burn a candle all the way down.  Extinguish the flame before it comes to close to the container. We recommend extinguishing the candle when 1cm is left in the bottom of the container to allow for a margin of safety. Never expose the metal sustainer.

Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers or the smoke becomes too high.  If the candle isn’t burning properly, cool the candle and trim the wick. Check for any drafts before relighting.

Never extinguish candles with water.  The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and may cause the glass container to break.

Never use a candle as a night light.

Never burn a candle for more than 3 hours. Be aware that if a candle burns too long and becomes excessively hot, it may cause issues with glues that have been used for labeling and could cause them to ignite.

We use pure essential oils in our candles.  Although the oils are highly diluted and considered safe, some people and pets may be sensitive to essential oils.  We recommend checking suitability prior to purchase.  In the event of an adverse reaction, extinguish the candle immediately and seek appropriate medical help if necessary.  

Always dispose of candles responsibly.  Our glass containers have been specially chosen as they are recyclable and can be refilled / reused.